Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Teflon sliders/glides

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Teflon sliders/glides

    Can someone tell me where to find Teflon glides that are just plain planks of Teflon without felt or foam. I see furniture glides and sliders all over the internet, but I know that in the past we used to just use plain Teflon slides when moving large marble busts and sculptures in museums.

  2. #2 sells Teflon blocks. Type teflon in the search and you will find what they offer.

    Good luck

  3. #3
    PACCIN Advisory Committee Member T. Ashley McGrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    San Francisco, CA
    A commonly used alternative for Teflon (Dupont's brand name for PTFE - Polytetrafluoroethylene) are various forms of UHMWPE (Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene). It is way cheaper and has similar properties. The McMaster Carr catalog is a convenient source for purchasing it in smaller quantities.
    T. Ashley McGrew
    PACCIN Advisory Committee member

  4. #4

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts