Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gallery model building

I recently did a Sketchup model of our space, and it works wonderfully for giving exhibitors good ideas of where they'll be and what their work will look like in the space (roughly). The only problem is, unless they use Sketchup themselves, I can only send them static perspectives on the space. I also know of some galleries and museums using 2nd Life to model their space in such a way that can be explored in 3-D "realtime" by using an avatar to roam the corridors.

BEN

Blog Entries
    Using 2nd Life is a fascinating idea -- are these open to the public or somehow kept private for themselves to experiment with?
    Paul Brewin - PACCIN Site Administrator

All,
    Thanks for all of the insight. I am posting a link to a small slide show of the model that one of my preparators is building. Enjoy.
    Todd

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gmoa/se...40960503/show/

Blog Entries
    Thanks for posting the slideshow and mini-movie. Is that 1/8" - 1' or 1/4" scale? My boss had seen other models with perimeter walls made of clear material (acrylic? styrene?) to aid designer/curator in checking out sightlines. Our changing gallery has a suite of moveable walls, I could see making a floor out of painted thin sheet metal, then have little wall units with magnet strips on the bottom so they could be easily positioned and wouldn't move around or have to be tacked down.
    Paul Brewin - PACCIN Site Administrator

It is 1/4" scale. I like the idea of metal and magnets...I might re-do it accommodate.