Thread: Packing Instructions PDF Feedback?

Packing Instructions PDF Feedback?

Hi all,

I'm working on packing instructions for the organization I work for and wanted to share it as a resource and ask for feedback. We mainly handle works on paper and most packing is soft/hand carry. It's pretty specific to our needs but I thought it might be useful to others as well. Thanks in advance!

Also, I couldn't get the file size small enough to upload the file to the forum, so here is a google drive link with the pdf in it: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B_f6iKWghYwaQjk0eUM1a0NsZVE
    Last edited by Jen; 06-16-2017 at 05:54 AM.

PACCIN Advisory Committee Member T. Ashley McGrew's Avatar
    Hi Jen,

This looks like an excellent step forward towards formulating a consistent approach to packing that reflects the needs of your company’s mission. This is something that every responsible institution and organization should have in place. Even more admirable though, is your act of seeking “peer review” from the people who have years of experience in this important area of preventive conservation found in this venue. I think you are demonstrating genuine leadership in this regard. I see some excellent work here. There are several issues that consistently get a lot of discussion in the community - with pros and cons - and at least one that I don’t really see addressed. Due to the limits of the venue, I would suggest that touching base off line might be a good next step especially before pursuing broader distribution. Illustrations are great and you are doing excellent work.
    Best,

Ashley
    T. Ashley McGrew
    PACCIN Advisory Committee member