Greetings PACCIN community,

You may have noticed a few changes around the PACCIN website.

• We have a new header and logo, and a simplified color scheme to match.
  • We have added a more detailed solicitations policy to the website's listserv launch page. Please take a moment to read it when convenient, even if you do not normally launch the list from our website. All list users are expected to be aware of these terms.
  • Another change we made is the addition of a new forum space; Promotions. This forum area is the most permissive PACCIN venue for commercial postings of new information-based events and services. Some stipulations still apply in this forum, and they are summarized in a sticky post at the top.
  • We also have a permanent new page online, PACCIN Sponsors and Benefactors, where we say Thank You to supporters at corporate and individual levels. Without this group’s generosity, our progress in new programming would not be possible.
  • In the meantime, we are working on a big project to rebuild the website from scratch, adding more functionality and integration of features in the process. This will be an ongoing effort for a while, but we hope to get the build underway before too long.

Please join with me and the rest of the Publications Committee to take the next steps in developing our website to better serve your growing community. If you would like to get involved, please contact me at chris@paccin.org.

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself as the new-ish Chair of Publications. As an original member of the PACCIN Publications Committee since 2010, I have contributed several technical articles to the website, begun developing the Materials pages with deeper content, and provided support for the website and listserv behind the scenes by helping to troubleshoot new member issues, technical issues, and posting content from our Programs and Membership committees. In 2015 I was asked to take on the role of vice chair, and when Ashley stepped down as chair after 8 years I became the new chair of the PACCIN Publications Committee in 2017.

Ashley continues to play an active role in the Publications Committee, but he is now able to devote more time to other initiatives as a member of the Advisory Committee, by serving as a liaison to AIC’s Collections Care Network, as PACCIN’s representative on the editorial committee of STASH, and most recently as a member of the Working Group on Materials Selection for Collection Storage Transport & Display originating just this February in Washington DC.

I am happy to say that our whole committee is still here and gearing up for the next exciting stages of our online development. We on Pub Com are looking forward to some great new developments for PACCIN.org.

Thank you,
Chris

PACCIN Publication Committee

Chris Barber
Chair of Publications, webmaster
Bio

Ashley McGrew
Publications Committee member, Advisory Committee member, website admin
Bio

Erika Katayama
Publications Committee member, job listings editor
Bio

Paul Brewin
Publications Committee member, PACCIN website creator, webmaster, & technical advisor
Bio

Caroline Smith
Publications Committee member
Bio