I think it is kind of common based on previous postings. It is certainly what we experienced at my museum. It is a great product and very versatile but dimming and color shifting can be a problem after less than 5 years time.
Do you adjust your light levels using screen material? Currently that is our only option. The product is officially promoted as being for use in "closed fixtures" but I don't think that it is intended that those fixtures be blocked off from airflow by multiple layers of metal window screen.
As stopgap I have substantially enlarged existing vent holes on the back of our fixtures in and effort to increase airflow but the jury is out at this point as to whether that will really help. I hope to be able to purchase more lamps in the future but at this point until I have some fixtures that have built in dimmers I am kind of stuck.
I am looking at individual fixtures that can be dimmed over the more expensive systems that you operate via Bluetooth don't take into account the effects of even very slight adjustments of angle and distance that can be very effective on their own.
Everyone please chime in here with your own experience. We need to help each other out.
Anyway, good luck please fill us all in if you figure anything out.
Cheers,
Ashley