Hey everyone, I am new to PACCIN but have been an art handler for a couple of years now. Everything i know however i basically learned on the job or just
from hanging/dealing with my own art over the years, and never really had "formal" training, if such a thing exists for Art Handling.
Although i know how to take down/hang/package/clean artwork like any professional worth his pay, i find i am still lacking in technical knowledge, knowing all the tools by their proper names,
and whatever other trade secrets senior handlers/preparators hand down to novices.
One way of fixing this would be to go through all the forum posts and make my own 'art handling manual' from notes on everything posted here. This would be of course pretty time consuming,
and i was wondering if anyone knew of other resources, whether an afternoon or continuing ed classes or what have you, that could teach handling technique, jargon, tools, etc?
I feel like these are things i would definitely have to know to become an expert at my job.
Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.

-S