Thread: Looking for input on mat cutters

Looking for input on mat cutters

I apologize if there is a thread on this already, but a search turned up empty.
    I want to upgrade our mat cutter. We are using a Logan so I am somewhat inclined to stick with their products.
    I'm looking at:
    Logan 850 Platinum.
    C&H Advantage Pro
    Fletcher 2200
    Foster Keencut Ultimat Futura

Could people share their experience with any of these models, and are there others that I should look at?
    I am looking for a good sturdy rail for the cutting head, and good usable production stops.
    Thanks for your help
    --Scott Thom
    the Frist Center for the Visual Arts
    Nashville, TN

This probably isn't any help at all, but I've worked at a few places with Fletcher mat cutters and wall cutters and I've always been really happy with them. I've had co-workers that have loved the production stops, but I've rarely use them...it almost looks like that's an extra cost? I don't know anything about the other cutters other than they are less expensive. I suppose they should all do pretty well as long as you keep the bars clean, change the slip sheet and don't overuse blades.

PACCIN Advisory Committee Member T. Ashley McGrew's Avatar
    If you are subscribed to this thread/topic I deleted a post that was not related to this post. By the way I am a fan of fletcher material cutters (wall mount) but like Logan for cutting windows (table mount).
    Scott what did you end up going with and how has it been working?
    T. Ashley McGrew
    PACCIN Advisory Committee member