Er, that's Jim, Jamie ;-) This particular batch was made strictly to mount Kate Hepburn's famous khakis (we have like 30 pair), so no bodies or heads were necessary. On the Fosshape forms we also went headless, since it would be too complicated to make a Hepburn likeness, and using a generic head seemed wrong. My plan for future work is to make a head that mounts to a "dickie" like form that slips onto the fosshape and can be pinned in place.

Shelly, they work great! There's a lock detent every 10 degrees, and they'll go about 270 degrees total. You simply press the round side plate, adjust angle, and release. Unless you're working with shattered silk there's no worry about stress to the garment. I did get some aluminum, but it's just a bit too tight in the interior dimension, plus it's heavier than poplar. For some reason the guy at ALT wouldn't tell me what these were made for so I could ask about the appropriate material - trade secret, I suppose.

I didn't use the round hinges because they cost about 10 times as much!! These were about $18/each, the milled aircraft aluminum version are around $200. Too bad, 'cause they are slick!

The hips are somewhat complicated, and I need to reimagine them a little. I have two set screws that are accessible from the top of the form (an ethafoam cap slips out for access). You move the leg into position then tighten down the sets with a long allen key. If you don't get it tight enough the leg can drift out of position over time. It's an amazing amount of leverage on the free leg, especially if it's extended out in space very far!

I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing about everyone's experiments!

Jim