Okay so I started this thread in humorous vein but... what the heck - this classic image comes from the first ever PACIN Preparators Conference held in Williamstown in 2009 at the BBQ dinner held at the Williamstown Conservation Centers facility and it features a couple of Prep legends. On the right find Jack Carr who, based out of Boston MA lead the crating department of the original juggernaut art services company - Fine Arts Express and now fulfills that role for Artex FAS.
2 legends.jpg
On the left we find Kevin Marshall someone not much older than I, but who never the less, I knew of by reputation long, long before ever meeting him. Originally part of FAE based in Texas he went on to work for the J. Paul Getty Museum heading up its major move project while working under the institutions legendary Bruce Metro and who after Bruces retirement now heads the Getty's 24 member Preparation department.
Mike Nixon working first at Artex, and more recently for SurroundArt once suggested that the profession should have trading cards. If we did Kevin Marshall, Jack Carr, and the illusive Bruce Metro would all be among the most collectable of them all. Hopefully we can nab a picture of Bruce Metro and a few other legends to include in this thread along with the rest of us work-a-day type folks in the future.
Cheers,

Ashley