PDA

View Full Version : Looking for input on mat cutters

Scott Thom
04-03-2013, 12:29 PM
I apologize if there is a thread on this already, but a search turned up empty.
I want to upgrade our mat cutter. We are using a Logan so I am somewhat inclined to stick with their products.
I'm looking at:
Logan 850 Platinum.
C&H Advantage Pro
Fletcher 2200
Foster Keencut Ultimat Futura

Could people share their experience with any of these models, and are there others that I should look at?
I am looking for a good sturdy rail for the cutting head, and good usable production stops.
Thanks for your help
--Scott Thom
the Frist Center for the Visual Arts
Nashville, TN

Tim Roby
04-04-2013, 09:29 AM
This probably isn't any help at all, but I've worked at a few places with Fletcher mat cutters and wall cutters and I've always been really happy with them. I've had co-workers that have loved the production stops, but I've rarely use them...it almost looks like that's an extra cost? I don't know anything about the other cutters other than they are less expensive. I suppose they should all do pretty well as long as you keep the bars clean, change the slip sheet and don't overuse blades.

T. Ashley McGrew
03-16-2015, 07:01 PM
If you are subscribed to this thread/topic I deleted a post that was not related to this post. By the way I am a fan of fletcher material cutters (wall mount) but like Logan for cutting windows (table mount).
Scott what did you end up going with and how has it been working?