Thank you for the information.
Unfortunately, buying Marvelseal is not an option right now. The cost for the area we have would be over $4,400 and at the moment I have a budget of $500 to begin all accession, registration and preservation activities. We're basically starting from the begining with the museum in every way and everything has been marked, registered and treated very poorly in its previous location, and that amount of money isn't going to go far.
I'm trying to prioritize what should be done first. My thought was to start with the environment and work our way down to individual items since it would give the greatest benefit to the most objects. The collections room is climate controlled so we can set objects open on the shelves until we can afford proper individual storage boxes.
We won't be attempting to be accredited for a very long time, and by then, we might be able to afford Marvelseal. Right now, my concern is preservation.
On what kind of surface did you adhere the homemade Marvelseal to? We have unfinished wood shelves.
I would appreciate any information you gathered from the PACCIN Prep Con 3 conference. Especially alternatives to the foam/muslin.

Thank you for your help,
Erin