Ashley,
Good question. The texture of 1311 gives it a notably thicker overlay, so a generous application of adhesive is advisable to avoid breathing through that texture where pieces of 1311 overlap. In keeping with this and other concerns, I would definitely recommend an full-coverage pH neutral adhesive applied with a sprayer. As I mentioned, we use Simalfa in a simple gravity-fed HVLP system. Going over the seams firmly with a squeegee or roller probably does not hurt, but I can't prove that this technique truly makes seams airtight. It would be interesting to test the two products in lined containers.

Taping is a related concern that should be mentioned. Foil tape, or strips cut from the Marvelseal roll, can be a handy way to seam interior corners after assembling walls that have been lined separately, or to seam sections of lining as they are installed in containers already assembled. If using strips of 1311 to seam the pieces, I would recommend a full-coverege adhesive again, and a roller. Foil tape I am not so sure about, as it probably works better with smooth materials like 360. It may be possible to press foil tape into the texture of 1311 a bit, but I have not tried it. At least 1311 on 1311 has the potential to sort of "lock" together with the application of pressure.

1311 is about $70 more per roll than 360.