Hi all,
I am new to this group and I am finding all the forums a little hard to navigate right now -- although I imagine it could be great once I get used to it. So my apologies if this question has been asked before.
Anyway my question concerns shipping some exhibit platforms. I am acquiring painted plywood bases to travel with an exhibit. Each piece (7 total) measures about 40" x 46" x 20" high.
I need to ship these by common carrier & have them arrive in the same condition as when shipped. So I am assuming I will need to protect all the edges & corners. I am thinking strapped on to 2 standard pallets, each one stacked with those cardboard packing corners between each base. Then more packing corners running vertically along the 4 outside corners, probably held in place with stretch wrap.
Should I blanket wrap the whole deal as well, or is that overkill? A little touch-up could be done at the receiving end if necessary - I just don't want missing chunks & splinters. Maybe send them with the corners & wrap, and have the trucker use their blankets if they want?
Is there anything thing else I should be thinking of, or any better way? I was planning on nylon rachet straps to hold my stacks together, with two going around in each direction.

I would be glad to go back & search the forums if an answer is already there.
I can check back here, or can be contacted directly.
Cheryl Desmond, Traveling Exhibition Manager
In Company with Angels, cdesmond@incompanywithangels.org

Thanks Very Much!
Cheryl